Buying & Selling Information
TAX SAVINGS-THE BIGGEST CASH
BONUS TO THE HOMEOWNER
A significant portion of your mortgage, interest and property taxes - a substantial part of your monthly payments are tax deductible.
HOME VALUES HAVE SUSTAINED
GROWTH THROUGH THE YEARS
There's no better financial investment than ownership, it's the best hedge against inflation. Your "guarantee" of the increased value of real estate is the only commodity in the world which is absolutely in limited supply. The growth in population constantly increases its demand.
7 REASONS YOU SHOULD CONSULT A REALTOR:
1. A Realtor has ready buyers for your property.
2. A Realtor knows the market value.
3. A Realtor provides referral service between cities.
4. A Realtor syncronizes your "buy and sell" transactions.
5. A Realtor is an expert in finance counseling.
6. A Realtor knows the best method of selling or buying property.
7. A Realtor knows real estate tax laws.
Contact one of our Realtors for buying or selling today!
HOW TO PURCHASE A HOME:
Typical Home Purchase Procedures...
...As Easy As 1-2-3...
In negotiating the purchase of your new home, the initial step will be to instruct your broker to make an offer of purchase. This offer should be in writing and accompanied by a check (5-10% of the purchase price) to show "Good Faith". The offer should include:
- The amount you are willing to pay
- Closing and occupancy dates
- Any contingencies, including obtaining of mortgage, building and pest inspections.
If the offer is not accepted, further negotiations are necessary to reach terms agreeable to both buyer and seller.
When buyer and seller agree on terms:
- The buyer immediately applies for financing and arranges for building and pest inspections.
- The seller arranges with his attorney for the drawing of the contract for the sale based on the agreed terms.
The sales contract should include, among other things, the following:
Quality of title to be conveyed
Itemized list of personal property included in the sale
Satisfactory building and pest inspection (if desired)
PLEDGES OF QUALITY:
FOR THE BUYER:
As a professional company our sales associates, will help you buy the home of your choice, using our expertise to make buying a home a pleasant and satisfying transaction.
To help you find a home, we will:
DISCUSS your home requirements, including style, location and price.
REVIEW specific facts on financing alternatives to determine the price most suited to your financial abilities.
PROVIDE information on all homes available in the Victoria area.
SHOW you the entire area you select, locating schools, shopping areas, recreational facilities and churches.
To help you choose a home, we will:
DISCUSS the benefits of each home in relation to your specific needs.
OBTAIN necessary written information on taxes, local laws and ordinances.
GIVE you an estimated settlement expense sheet for any home on which you make an offer.
To help you buy a home, we will:
FOR THE SELLER:
EXPLAIN all of the financing alternatives, to find the lowest cost financing available on the home you choose.
HANDLE all the detail work and negotiations, carefully explain all written documents and give you a copy of everything you sign.
ACCOMPANY you to a financial lender and explain the procedure for a mortgage application.
ACCOMPANY you to the closing, making sure you understand the entire settlement process.
We will work for you full-time, as your professional sales associate, to sell your home for the highest possible price, in the least amount of time, using our expertise to make this a smooth and pleasant transaction.
To market your home, we will:
1. Submit facts to multiple listing service
2. Advertise in The Victoria Advocate
3. Advertise On the Internet
4. Advertise in the Real Estate Review Book
5. Hold Open Houses
6. Television Ads
In showing your home, we will:
Consider all prospective buyers, qualify them in advance (if ours) and counsel them in every possible financial alternative. Carefully follow up on anyone who previews your home. Counsel you on all offers and negotiate the best possible price for YOU.
To inform you, we will:
Provide you with a written copy of any documents you may sign. Explain in detail all instruments, transactions and procedures. Accompany you to the closing to complete the entire process.
To help you find a new home, we will:
Use our marketing and financial expertise to present every option in buying a new home.
MUTUAL LOYALTY CONTRACT:
We look forward to having you as a neighbor and will go that extra mile for you!
Please go that extra step for your associate by doing the following.
1. Be frank so that your associate can help you. Always tell your associate the truth about your needs, your budget and your reaction to each property.
2. Only make appointments and inspect homes with your associate. Through Multiple Listing Service, your associate can SHOW YOU ANY HOME IN THE ENTIRE AREA.
3. Call your associate if you see a "For Sale" or "lease" sign or advertisement that interests you. Your associate can generally obtain more information on the property from a fellow Realtor or owner and save you valuable time.
4. Please go to Open Houses with your designated associate. By going alone, you will have to transact business with the Open House agent, thus eliminating your associate from helping you, even though your associate may have spent many hours accommodating you. You lose the valuable expertise and dedication of your associate to your needs.
5. Only take the advice of a professional. Everyone is interested in Real Estate. Your friends and business acquaintances will make many suggestions about where to live and which house to buy or lease. Although they mean well, remember you are working with a Professional whose job is to satisfy your needs.
6. Nothing inspires a Professional to seek and find the home of YOUR choice more than knowing
you are relying on him or her completely. Only use the service of ONE Realtor.
MUTUAL LOYALTY IS MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL